SPECIALISED FINANCIAL PLANNING FOR MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS
We have been providing financial guidance for medical professionals for more than 20 years. We understand the unique needs of your profession and we tailor our products and services to provide you with the most effective portfolio.
Mick Steffan, your local Certified Financial Planner and Registered Tax Agent, is an authorised representative of Dover Financial Advisers (DFA) group, one of Australia’s largest financial planning groups. This group is responsible for more than 10,000 financial plans a year, with 380 financial planners across Australia. The owner of DFA, Terry McMaster writes a regular financial planning column for the leading medical publication Australian Doctor. Terry has also written several books and manuals on financial planning for doctors.
We can give you Strategic advice, including tax advice, entities advice, debt management, superannuation and cash flow projections. Our services are strictly a fee for service (hourly rate), which is the most preferred option amongst medical professionals. We do not accept commissions and all!
Did you know that most medical government employees enjoy the benefits of special superannuation fund, which if combined with salary sacrifice, can be quite beneficial? We’d be happy to share with you some other “secrets” so you can secure your assets and finances TODAY.
Are you a practice owner?
Through MLA Lawyers, an associate law firm that works closely with our licensee Dover Financial Planners, we can represent you with tax litigations involving your medical practice, give you advice on sales and acquisition of your practice or mediate medical practice disputes.
Are you specialised in a particular area?
We can help you to combine your superannuation into one super fund and save you administrative fees, or we can give you advice how you can do salary packaging in the most efficient way.
Are you young and working in an administrative area?
You might be thinking that it’s too early to think about your future and in particular about your superannuation. We can give you advice that is relevant to your situation, and you’ll be able to make better decisions and so take control over your future.
Here’s a list of the most common questions from our medical professional clients:
Do these sound familiar?
- Your income is above $100,000 and you feel like you are paying too much tax? Yes/No
- You have an industry or retail superannuation fund that is charging you a percentage fee on your balance? Yes/No
- You are considering setting up your own business practice but not sure what legal structure to use? Yes/No
- You have a Gold state or Weststate superannuation account and are working for the government? Yes/No
- You have family with one high and one low income and have never reviewed your life and income protection insurances? Yes/No
- Your employer offers to salary sacrifice but you don’t know if this is beneficial to you? Yes/No
- You are approaching the age at which you can access your superannuation benefits? Yes/No
- You have no time to properly manage your finances due to your work and other commitments? Yes/No
- You feel that your finances are out-of-control and this keeps you awake at night? Yes/No
- You have large amount of money in defensive assets like cash and fixed interest? Yes/NO
Would you like to hear how? Call us today on 9950 0349 to book your complimentary meeting.